WEEK 23: Parting is such Sweet Sorrow!!

From: Iosepa Nawahine <iosepa.nawahine@missionary.org>
Date: Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 12:06 PM
Subject: Ultima semana em Aguas Compridas


Oi Minha querida família,

This week might be my last week in águas compridas with Elder G. Oliveira. It will be really sad to leave this area because I have been here for 4 months already and have gotten accustomed to the members and the area but now I have to leave it and go to a new one... But I know everything happens for a purpose. This week was awesome especially with our investigators because they always feed us. We always go there and leave a message with them and before they let us leave they always feed us with fruit, candy, or cookies. I am not complaining because it is nice receiving fruit and cookies haha. We have this one investigator who knows a lot about the bible and likes to quote the bible during our lessons. We gave him a book of mormon and told him to read one verse. He read one verse and I bore my testimony and he said that just by reading he knows that this book is true already. I was so happy that I wanted to mark him for baptism, but like every couple in Brazil, He needs to marry his wife. But we will be returning this week to teach him about eternal marriage and how families can be together forever. Not much happened this week besides that... it is really hot down here and this weekend we were without water so we had to boil tap water and put it in the freezer and wait to drink it but dont worry mom... I am okay...lol. This challenge is how can you come closer to christ? We all know the attributes of christ and what he did for us. I listened to a talk that talked how to be a man. He talked about the example of our savior and everything our savior did for us and I agree with him when he said, "Here is a man!" So this week try to think of the attributes of Christ and what you can do to be more like him. I will share a song from the youth theme this year that I like a lot. I love you all and hope and pray you guys are well as well. You guys are always in my prayers and in my thoughts. I love you all and hope to hear from you guys soon!! Tchau!!


Com amor,

Elder Nawahine









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 73-74: Honor the family name you bear!

WEEK 11: He's got the Monkeys!!! A bunch of monkeys!!