WEEK 21: Sheesh, I'm hanging!! This is the way!

From: Iosepa Nawahine <iosepa.nawahine@missionary.org>
Date: Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 12:09 PM
Subject: Trabalho do missionario


Opa minha família,

Another week in águas compridas and man what a week. Throughout my life I have heard stories of missionaries who get in the house and are so tired and dead from working that they just go straight to bed. During my first two transfers, this did not happen but now it is happening every single night. I come home from the long hot day and take a shower and literally go straight to bed. Me and my companion always complain about how tired and sore we are from the walking and the sun when we get in the house but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love it out here and I love this work that I am doing. I love waking up in the morning knowing that I get to study the gospel and preach it to the people here in aguas compridas. I love bringing others to Christ through faith, prayer, and reading the book of mormon. Lately, I have been a little discouraged because our baptisms keep falling through and others are having success in baptizing others. Then I remembered something that the president of the mission said to me... he said that success isnt about how many baptisms you have or about the numbers, success is about your spiritual experiences you have. And I can tell you all that I have had many spiritual experiences already on my mission and will continue to have more. This week was awesome except for the fact that it has been raining a lot here... You may be thinking why is he complaining about the rain. I complain about the rain because every time it rains our power goes out in our house and the fans dont work and it gets really hot in our house. There are good things about the rain like it cleans the roads and it smells good too. But besides these two things I do not like the rain here in Brazil. I have recently learned how to make brigadeiro... for those who dont know what this is, it is this really good chocolate dessert in brazil. I have pics of it with my comp that I will send on this email as well. Recently I have been reading about the principles of the gospel in a book that I found at the church. I have been reading about how to be an eternal family and the roles of parents and children in the home. Something I learned that I challenge each of you to do is to pray and learn with your family. We learn that the home should be centered on Christ but this cant happen unless the family is united and is praying and learning about Christ together. So take time each day and pray with your family and come closer to our savior. My parents taught me that family will always be here no matter what and they will always be there even after this life because of the gospel. This is my challenge and my email to all of you!! I love you all and hope you all have an amazing week with your families! Tchau!


com amor,

Elder Nawahine










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 73-74: Honor the family name you bear!

WEEK 11: He's got the Monkeys!!! A bunch of monkeys!!