WEEK 43: TIME - Wisely or Foolishly??

From: Iosepa Nawahine <iosepa.nawahine@missionary.org>
Date: Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 5:07 PM
Subject: Time

Aloha family!!


I miss you all and hope you had a great 4th of July! My 4th was a little different due to being a missionary of course but also because we are in quarantine haha. We had a chance to eat with a member this week and it was good to finally get out of the house. This week we almost taught a girl that I met while I was in Brazil! I reached out to her over facebook and we started to talk and then I invited her to learn more about christ and she accepted but we haven't been able to call her for a while... hopefully we will have a lesson soon. Our district had the opportunity to eat dinner at presidents house as his children went back to utah for the month. We had a great sugar free meal lol and gave a spiritual message about freedom. We also had a chance to do a musical number for them and their extended family over zoom. I also had interviews with president which was amazing because it was finally in person. Now back to my topic for today which is time. Without our normal day to day activities we find ourselves with more time than we ever expected. Sometimes all this time can be overwhelming and even lead us to dark places to "entertain" ourselves. A lesson I have learned being here is that God watches his children more when they are alone and faced with tough decisions. Now understand he doesn't just watch you but he also is there to push you in the right direction. Now with all this time on our hands and all this darkness surrounding us where do you put your time? If we were to calculate all the time we spend with family, would it be greater than screen time? But most importantly if you added up all the time you spent thinking, praying, praising, serving, preaching of god would it be more than all the others? I hope you all spend your time wisely this week with the ones you love. I love you all I cant wait to hear from you!!

Aloha,

Elder Nawahine 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 73-74: Honor the family name you bear!

WEEK 11: He's got the Monkeys!!! A bunch of monkeys!!