WEEK 17: Come Follow Me in the Ano Novo!!

From: Iosepa Nawahine <iosepa.nawahine@missionary.org>
Date: Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 12:36 PM
Subject: Feliz Natal e Feliz Ano Novo!!


Oi Minha Familia,

I am so sorry I was not able to email this past week I was busy kicking butts in soccer haha. We had a great Christmas and spent it with the bishop and then we went back home to sleep haha. But we had a lot of people feed us and give us food so looks like the spirit of giving hasnt changed here haha. I wanted to share a scripture last week about the gifts that we would receive on Christmas and the gifts that God will give us. This scripture is 3 Nephi 14:9-11. It says that God being perfect can give us any gift if we just ask of him. So as you guys were around the tree opening presents I wanted you to think of the gifts that our Heavenly Father in Heaven could and would give you if we would just ask. This week was kind of sad for us and for me, because all of our compromissos fell this week and so did our baptism as well. It was really hard for me this week, but God has a funny way of putting people in your path. Once all our compromissos fell we were talking with one of our investigators and he said he needed help with his house. So we walked with him to his house which is not close and carried bricks down a staircase so he could start building his house. We did service for 4 hours and will go back this week to do another 4 hour service project haha. But we helped him a lot and in return we found one of our other investigators walking past us. So we will try to have another baptism this week, but I know that everything is in Gods hands and his time as well. I love you all and hope you all have had a great Christmas and will have a great new year too. My challenge is a year long challenge... as you know the first presidency released the new come follow me which is the book of mormon so I challenge each of you to get with your families and read these simple scriptures each week as a family. I know and testify if you will do this you will find happiness and love in your life, your home, your family. I love you all and think of you and pray for you guys all the time. Feliz  Ano Novo!!


Com Amor,

Elder Nawahine









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 73-74: Honor the family name you bear!

WEEK 11: He's got the Monkeys!!! A bunch of monkeys!!