WEEK 3 - Gift of Tongues.....Maybe not da Ear!!



---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Iosepa Nawahine <iosepa.nawahine@missionary.org>
Date: Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 3:54 PM
Subject: dom de linguas


ola minha familia
I miss you all and hope you are all doing well. Not a day goes by that I don't think about you guys and pray for you guys. This week has been pretty difficult with the classes, the language, and the food but I've gotten through it. We had a couple of people in our district go to the hospital this week because of heart problems and falling down the stairs lol. Luckily they all came back safely and all doing good now. This week we also started TRC which is where you and your companion teach an investigator, whos a teacher, and give them the lessons in portuguese. It went pretty good except we didn't catch the part where her son died.... so yeah we struggled the first time, but we've been doing better. The language is coming along pretty well I have the first vision in portuguese memorized and i thought i'd share it with you. 
     vi um pilar de luz acima de minha cabeca mais brilhante que o sol, que descia gradualmente sobre mim... quando a luz possou sobre mim, vi dois personagens cujo esplendor e gloria desafiam qualquer descricao pairando no ar, acima de mim. um deles falou-me chamando-me pelo nome, e disse, apotando para o outro este é meu filho amado ouve-o.

Just know that o dom de linguas e verdadeiro. Not only is for the language, but also for what needs to be said at that time. A scripture that helped me through this past week is d&c 100: 4-5. Please pray to your father in heaven in everything that you do. (Alma 37:37). I miss all you guys and pray for you all always. I love all of you and can feel your prayers with me always. Trust in the lord and read his words. Look for opportunities to serve this week. I'll talk to you all next week!

Love,
elder nawahine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 73-74: Honor the family name you bear!

WEEK 11: He's got the Monkeys!!! A bunch of monkeys!!