WEEK 73-74: Honor the family name you bear!

 From: Iosepa Nawahine <iosepa.nawahine@missionary.org>

Date: Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Subject: Ice ice baby



Aloha family!

It's been a while since I've actually written an email and I'm sorry! A lot of stuff has happened these past couple of weeks. My papa (my dad's dad) has been in the ICU for a week now because he contracted covid and pneumonia and it's been attacking his lungs bad. He spent all last week on a ventalator but because of miracles and prayer he is off but still on an oxygen machine this is supllying him with sufficient levels of oxygen. He is still in the ICU but is still fighting this tough battle! This weekend was crazy because we had a huge ice storm that froze everything with a thick layer of ice everywhere! Even all the blades of grass were frozen! Due to the storm we lost power for a whole day and it was so cold inside. We spent most of the day inside of our car because that was our source of heat and power haha. Members were telling us that this happens every 50 years and what are the odds that it happens the year i choose to serve a mission! Today we went hiking to an awesome waterfall that is next to a dope bridge!! We went with some sisters and one of the sisters dropped their phone off the bridge into the water... We all thought she was lying but sure enough she wasn't lol! We felt so bad for her but we couldn't stop laughing. The waterfall was so cool though, it was freezing and raining but so worth it! There is also a possibility that I could return to Brazil and finish my mission there but idk because they haven't called me yet but my mission president said he's trying his best to get me out there so we will see! My message is very short but powerful: Honor the family name you bear! Just think about it and see if you are honoring that name! The Lord's name especially! I love you all and hope to see you all soon! 7 more months:)

Aloha, 

Elder Nawahine 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 11: He's got the Monkeys!!! A bunch of monkeys!!