WEEK 36: Scrub in Salem Oregon! And so it begins....AGAIN!

From: Iosepa Nawahine <iosepa.nawahine@missionary.org>
Date: Mon, May 18, 2020 at 5:38 PM
Subject: Oregon salem


Well it's almost been a week since I have left the comfort of my beloved home and came to oregon. Oregon is so beautiful and it rains like every day and it's kind of cold... and hawaiians don't do good in the cold haha. It's been good though bc we have been inside calling, teaching, preaching to members mostly. This is totally a different way of teaching for me especially bc Brazil is hot and we walked everywhere. My companion is elder gibbon and he is from Canada and he's awesome and such a baller. We are staying in an apartment with the APs and one of the APs is elder Baker so at least I have family down here with me. Our district is awesome but I do feel like a scrub bc I am the only junior... we have the APs, the office elders, and my companion is the district leader and i am the junior companion lol. But besides that my district is very spiritual and it seems like our mission topic is faith. It is fun to see the fire in all the elders eyes. This mission really does have fire in the bones and I am excited to be apart of it. My challenge for this week is go reach out to friends and family who you think needs messages of hope! Call them and give them hope or you can also refer them to us and we can give them a mini message of hope also! I love you my beloved family and can't wait to see you all again! May God be with you all through this next week and may your faith bring forth miracles! 

Com amor,

Elder Nawahine 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 73-74: Honor the family name you bear!

WEEK 11: He's got the Monkeys!!! A bunch of monkeys!!