WEEK 75-78: Y'ALL NEED JESUS!! Yes....yes we do!

 From: Iosepa Nawahine <iosepa.nawahine@missionary.org>

Date: Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 6:19 PM
Subject: New area, New comp, New everything



Aloha family,

I hope all is well with everyone! I'm sorry I haven't written an email for soo long but I will try my best to fill everyone in. I left West Salem about 2 weeks ago now and have moved to Lebanon. My area is snow peak and it is a big area but the ward isn't as big. I am no longer a zone leader but I am a district leader and also a trainer. I am training a new missionary from Idaho who will be serving in Brazil. His name is Elder Reyes and he is awesome! He gets nervous a lot which is normal but it has been a blast so far. When I got to this area there wasn't really much here. Not many people were being taught and the missionaries didn't leave the best reputation. Luckily we have changed all that in the 2 weeks we have been here. We are teaching more people now and even invited someone to be baptized last week. She said she would have to think about it and ask her family but she has a hope of seeing her husband again! I made 2 little girls cry this past week we played a game called "missionary camping trip". In this game you pass around a pen and the person with the pen asks us missionaries if they can bring certain items. If they say thank you when receiving the pen, they can bring the item, but if not then they cannot. Well we played this game with two little girls who were very tired. It was their turn and they asked if they could bring their imaginary Pokémon friend... And I said no she then started to cry and the pen was passed. The next little girl asked if she could bring her toys... And I said no again long story short, both girls were balling their eyes out and I felt so bad. Wow some missionary I am!! Anyways, We had stake conference this past weekend and it was amazing! Something that stood out to me was something our mission president said. When he was walking down the street he ran into a man who said, "yall need Jesus!" knowing me I would've been very confused and would've pointed the finger upon the man, but that is not what happened. Our mission president instead said, "you are right I needed him when I was 13, 23, 27, 30, 45, 50 and I will need him forever more." we all need Jesus in our lives. There is not a moment in time that doesn't go by that we don't need him by our side. For there is no other name whereby we can receive eternal life! Remember to include Him in everything that you do! I love you all and hope you have a blessed week!


Aloha,

Elder Nawahine 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 73-74: Honor the family name you bear!

WEEK 11: He's got the Monkeys!!! A bunch of monkeys!!