WEEK 55: General Conference! Fortify yourself!


From: Iosepa Nawahine <iosepa.nawahine@missionary.org>
Date: Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 5:41 PM
Subject: General Conference

Aloha family,

I hope you are all doing well and have had am amazing week! I apologize for not sending an email last week but I hope you could all feel my love still, but more importantly the love of our savior. I have been transferred!! I moved from newberg to eola hills where I am now a ZL... yay... jk I love it so much. My new companion is elder fabrizio and he is such a stud! He is from tabiona utah and has been out the same time as me. He loves basketball and loves to do rodeos as well. We've had a blast these past couple of days we've been together. This week was very interesting but very spiritual as well. On saturday my companion and I were walking around trying to talk to anyone and we found a couple of people. When we were walking, we ran into an older man who was struggling to park his scooter on a platform on the back of his car. We rushed to help him and we we did. As he was trying to get off his scooter I could tell that he was struggling a bunch, so being the disciple that I am, I joyfully asked how I could help him. He responded, "well, there is one way..." "what is it?" I asked to eagerly. "Can you help me pull up my pants?" He asked. Now if some of you guys are laughing at this point that is okay because I was too but it was a great experience for me as well. I could only imagine the embarrassment of this man having to ask someone to help him with his pants. I carefully helped this man with his diaper, which he was wearing, and his pants as well. I felt bad for him because I know if that was me or my family member I would hope that someone would come and help out. Now I would like to talk about something very very important that will be happening this weekend! How are you preparing to hear him? How have you prepared? Have you even started preparing? My beloved family, this week is very very important!! This is a chance we all have to receive answers from God through his humble, faithful servants! In alma 48:7-10 it says, "7 Now it came to pass that while Amalickiah had thus been obtaining power by fraud and deceit, Moroni, on the other hand, had been preparing the minds of the people to be faithful unto the Lord their God. 8 Yea, he had been strengthening the armies of the Nephites, and erecting small forts, or places of resort; throwing up banks of earth round about to enclose his armies, and also building walls of stone to encircle them about, round about their cities and the borders of their lands; yea, all round about the land. 9 And in their weakest fortifications he did place the greater number of men; and thus he did fortify and strengthen the land which was possessed by the Nephites. 10 And thus he was preparing to support their liberty, their lands, their wives, and their children, and their peace, and that they might live unto the Lord their God, and that they might maintain that which was called by their enemies the cause of Christians." We need to prepare our spirits for this weekend but also for the everyday battles. Satan desires to have each and every one of you and if you aren't prepared then he will win! Please prepare for this weekend by at least writing down 5 questions you want answered. I promise if you will do this then you shall find your answers as you diligently watch general conference! I love you all and pray for you always!! I hope you have an amazing spiritual week!!

Aloha,

Elder Nawahine 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 73-74: Honor the family name you bear!

WEEK 11: He's got the Monkeys!!! A bunch of monkeys!!